Monday, May 18, 2009

Great Falls Walk MS

Yay! I had such a wonderful experience at the Great Falls Walk MS this last Saturday!!!

A total of $805 has been pledged under my name and I am just blown away about that! It makes me tear up thinking how many people are caring even in the troubled recession. I want to thank them all and let them know how much it means to me to have their support!

The Walk was a smaller one than in Billings, with a lot of MS patient's walking. MS is known as the "young people's disease" and there were people out there around my age, male and female, using canes and wheelchairs. It is sad to see that but also so wonderful seeing them participating and just being themselves. It did not worry me or scare me seeing them like that, in fact it made me feel stronger knowing that my heart goes out to them and understands so much of what they are going through.

I met and spoke with others in my shoes and in fact, met an incredible couple who I enjoyed visiting with a great deal. She uses a cane and straight cath's. She gave me wonderful tips if I end up down that path which I am currently already beginning, hence my two urology visits in the last couple of months. They have a child my daughter's age and it was just so nice hearing from them in what they deal with. They gave me their phone number and I so look forward to keeping in touch with them. They have just recently moved to Great Falls and haven't gotten around to meeting others yet but I am sure they will have no problem at all in creating a tight social circle soon.

My parents traveled to Great Falls and even helped raise money in my name for the Walk! I am just so blown away at how absolutely generous of heart my parents are. I know that this is not easy on them and I appreciate them more than words could ever say. My daughter and my mother ditched me quite a bit during the walk (laugh), as I was a bit slow going but that is okay as I hitched up with others going slow and visited with them. Even my neurologist was at the Walk!! That to me meant a lot seeing him out there.

I won a raffle basket... yay me!! I love goodies!

Overall it was just such an incredible time and I look forward to doing the Walks again next year. I was not even sore after this one. Okay.. well I was sore, but not as dreadfully so as the Billings Walk.

No comments: